- This event has passed.
Otsukimi Moon Viewing Festival- Oakland
October 1 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm$10 - $15
The Harvest moon is a symbol of blessing and abundance for many cultures. Similar to tea parties, these moon viewing parties are occasions for sharing food and stories while enjoying what is considered the most beautiful moon of the year.
5:30p Bonsai Garden & Bento Dinner*
- Open House by the Golden State Bonsai Collection North 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. (garden closes at 6:30)
- Japanese “Bento” box dinners (sushi & skewered meats/fish) created by Musashi of Berkeley.
Vegetarian Bento available upon request.
- Come see our magnificent Torii Gate (Dedicated in the Memory of the late Oakland Council Member Frank Ogawa 1917-1994) and ten Japanese stone lanterns dedicated in honor of our 50th anniversary (2012)
- Come celebrate the 100th Birthday of the late Frank Ogawa
- Tatsumaki Taiko (Japanese drums)
- Performances by the student ambassadors from the High School Summer Exchange
7:30p Moon Viewing
- Telescopic Viewing of the Moon and other celestial points of interest provided by
the Eastbay Astronomical Society